Advocacy for Patients within the Hospital
The Group acts as advocates for the patients with the hospital management and
staff as necessary. Although the Group is independent of the hospital, the Management encourages the Carers’ activities and our participation in the affairs of the hospital. We meet Hospital Management about two times every year.
Other concerns which we regularly discuss with hospital management include the following.
- Diet, exercise and weight management of patients.
- Quality of staff inter-actions with patients.
- Quality of staff inter-actions with carers.
- Staff training.
- Staff shortages in key areas including occupational thereapy and psychology.
- Night-time toileting arrangements